The checking of the subfloor is an essential step on which will depend the quality of the laying. If the subfloor does not reach the required flatness and the required slope shape, the subfloor will have to be reworked with our epoxy resurfacing mortar.
Remove all non-cohesive or non-adherent parts as well as any substance that could compromise the adhesion (dust, paint, wax, oil…).
Cement laitance must also be removed, by shot blasting for example.
Particular care must be taken to measure the humidity level to avoid future disorders:
- Less than 3% humidity, use PRIMER FB67.
- Between 3 and 5% humidity, use PRIMER H.
- Above 5% humidity, two cases:
- Allow the floor to dry when the moisture comes from above the subfloor : as in the case of water spilling on the surface when using floors for example.
- However, if the moisture comes from below the slab (rising moisture by capillary action or diffusion), laying is not recommended to prevent any risk of delamination of the future flooring.
Concrete support – Verification and rectification (if necessary)